Medical Education Fellowship
The Columbia University Irving Medical Center Emergency Medicine Medical Education Fellowship aims to produce leaders in all facets of medical education who innovate our approaches to educating current and future generations of healthcare providers. We are delighted to offer both one-year and two-year, non-ACGME accredited programs through the Department of Emergency Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Fellows will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to design, implement, and evaluate educational content as they additionally develop a specific expertise within medical education. Fellows pursuing two-year fellowships will earn advanced training through a master’s degree.
Tomás Díaz, MD MA.Ed
- Fellowship Director
- Block curriculum with focused learning experiences in adult learning theory, curriculum development, teaching strategies, feedback & assessment, and more
- Longitudinal curriculum with focused learning experiences in equity, leadership, and professional development
- Opportunities to focus their experiences within undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education, simulation, narrative medicine, and/or education research
- Dedicated time to explore and develop specific expertise within medical education
- Mentorship and support from departmental education leadership
- Option to pursue an educational certificate program over a one-year fellowship
- Option to pursue a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Adult Learning and Leadership through Teachers College, Columbia University over a two-year fellowship
- Clinical practice within #1 ranked hospital system in the NY metro area
- Association with Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons with opportunities for collaboration with medical educators in a variety of disciplines and specialties
Applications are now open for the 2023-2024 academic cycle. The application deadline is September 25, 2022 with decision notifications to follow in late October/early November 2022.
For consideration, please have available two Letters of Reference, a Letter of Interest, and an updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis.
- Successful applicants must possess an MD or DO, have completed Emergency Medicine Residency by the beginning of Fellowship, and be board certified/eligible in Emergency Medicine.
- We seek applicants who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Columbia University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit an application, please collect the requested material and email us through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.