Services and Resources
Our mission is to promote intrinsic research growth by identifying funding opportunities, developing resources, and strategically aligning teams to support Emergency Medicine faculty.
Develop and implement strategies to increase the quantity and quality of research proposals by providing a wide array of proposal development services including but not limited to:
- Grant Writing Development
- Budget and Budget Justification Development
- Reviews and coordinates application elements (Bio-sketches, Facilities & Resources, etc.)
- Coordinates the internal and external routing process (Rascal, eraCommons, etc.)
Works collaboratively with faculty and staff to perform the highest level of award account management services.
- Award set up
- Sub-award invoicing
- Financial Support (reconciliations, attestations) Procurement (services and workforce)
- And much more!
Identifying Funding Opportunities
- Pivot is one of the most comprehensive funding databases available. It includes funding opportunities from government agencies, private foundations, corporations, and non-profit organizations. It is not exhaustive and cannot capture the entire universe of opportunities.
- Columbia Research “Find Funding”
Research Compliance RASCAL Training Courses
CITI Human Subjects Protection (HSP) training modules- Rascal TC0087
- Includes CITI Research with Minors and CITI FDA-Regulated Research modules (where applicable).
- Required of all study personnel “engage” in the research (having contact with subjects or access to data).
- Researchers are required to complete the refresher course in CITI every 3 years.
Rascal HIPAA Training – Rascal TC0019
- Research involving PHI
CITI Good Clinical Practice (GCP) – Rascal TC3450
- Required of all study personnel “engage” in the federally funded clinical trials research.
- May substitute for industry sponsored GCP.
- Researchers are required to complete the refresher course in CITI every 3 years – Rascal TC3452.
For questions or more information, please contact us at EMresearch@cumc.columbia.edu