Dr. Lorna M. Breen Emergency Medicine Fellowship in Healthcare Administration
The Dr. Lorna M. Breen Emergency Medicine Fellowship in Healthcare Administration is designed to cultivate dynamic leaders who will help shape the future of Emergency Medicine. We are proud to offer a two-year, non-ACGME accredited program through the Department of Emergency Medicine at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Fellows will acquire valuable foundational knowledge of Emergency Medicine leadership as well as an understanding of the forces transforming healthcare. Graduates of the program will develop the skillset to take on a substantive leadership position within a healthcare system.
Mahesh Polavarapu, MD
- A fully funded Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree through the world class Executive MHA Program in the Department of Health Policy & Management at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. Visit the Mailman website for additional details
- Block curriculum with focused learning experiences in Quality & Patient Safety, Operations, Department Finances, and Leadership
- Flex time customized to help the fellow develop a niche expertise with an eye towards their post-fellowship administrative role
- Active participation in day-to-day operations within the Department
- Mentorship and support from executive leadership in the Department and hospital enterprise
- Clinical practice within a hospital system ranked #1 in the NY Metropolitan area, #4 in the Nation, and repeatedly named to the Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals
- Association with Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons, a top ranked medical school with a superb, collaborative research environment
Recruitment for this followship is temporarily paused, and will resume in 2022 for the 2023-2024 academic cycle.
- Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis
- Successful applicants must possess an MD or DO, have completed Emergency Medicine Residency by the beginning of Fellowship, and be board certified/eligible in Emergency Medicine
- We seek applicants who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Columbia University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
To inquire about future recruitment, please email us through the 'Ask a question' button below.